The Epic of Zektbach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For ALL of the English Speakers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe

Go down 
+3
lemishie
Ido
Matin Catorce
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 am

disclaimer: as usual I'm not a proper translator, first my Jap is not even fluent or good enough, to make it worse my writing or pick of words for english is also terrible despite how I will live my life in english spoken country, English is still not my mother language and embarrassingly I'm still terrible at it too.
So feel free to correct the below translation~!

source: http://www.konami.jp/bemani/popn/music20/mc/15/14_02.html

I'll start with the written chapter only first, staff comment will be in summary form, not exact translation I guess? Just to add more infos needed for this chapter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awaken after time of eternity, a girl clad in white clothes.
Hidden inside those determined eyes is a strong unwavered will…

The time dates back to around 600 years.
At the soaring Izelnia Mountain range on the southern east of Galukia continent, people who dwell there were on their way to the mountain side after being asked by the villagers to collect herbs.
One man was taking a break from collecting the herbs and sat on a good lookout place. He gazed at the stretched out oblivious canyon below like usual.
As he gazed around without care, he discovered a gigantic flower glowing with light blooms on the desolate landscape. Like being attracted to, the astounded man climbed down the mountain and headed to that place in the canyon.

A glowing huge water lilly flower. In such a desolate barren land, such splendid beauty feels so foreign. As the man admire how Godly this flower is, when he raised his voice, from inside the petals he can hear the faint voice of a girl saying, ‘Miria… Miria…’
He feels that this is not a trivial matter and turned back to return to the village, and reported about this matter to them.

Village hidden in the mist _____
The village that is as if it’s hidden by the Izelnia Range is being called as such.
They who dwell there called themselves as ‘Amlina (amurina?) follower’.
With a strict belief they protect the tradition passed down by their ancestors and quietly live in order to avoid intersecting with other tribes.

After a few days, the villagers are led by the man and went to that place. Deeply moved while looking towards the heaven and let out a sigh and said, “If it is just as the ancient Amlinas’ legend… then this is truly ‘The Sealer’, the one we have to protect!”
This gigantic Water Lilly flower is soon being named as ‘A’Milia’
‘A’Milia’ is being cared preciously by the villagers of Village Hidden in the mist, and protected in the place where outsiders can never see.

Time passed, from making a contact with outsiders, villagers that start breaking the 'belief’ (precept) started to appear and left the village. This started to cast dark shadows to the villagers and gradually has a major impact.
Then after several generations, on certain era.
The supreme nation in Galukia continent, Holy Kingdom of Noigllado’s force has started to approach to even Izelnia. The village leader gathered a few trustworthy people and decided to go far away from Izelnia with ‘A’Milia’.

The place they arrived at is Myutes Fall. They hide ‘A’Milia’ at the back cave of this fall and thereafter they called themselves the wandering tribe ‘Millian tribe’ and behave humbly so others don’t know the existence of ‘A’Milia’ (?)
After being moved to Myutes, ‘A’Milia’ petals closed tightly as if it goes to slumber and its glow has also became faint. One day, after kept being protected by the leader of the Milian tribe, the flower petals started to bloom and from inside the figure of a sleeping girl shows up.
“Finally.. this day has come” said the leader of Milian tribe.
In the long history from generation after generation while harbouring the hardships protecting their belief, big tears of gratitude started to broke down there.

“I will no longer hesitate, I will save my friends”, said A’Milia firmly to Sasha.
Following her, she left Myutes fall.

Here, a journey begins.

A long long journey to seal the curse that brought upon chaos and destruction to this world___

-from The Epic of Zektbach chapter 7 'A'Milia and the Milian Tribe'

ADDED: 25/04/2013 Chapter 7 from Zektbach Guidebook
Note: original japanese text will be hidden in spoiler tag.

Chapter 7 is to illustrate the arrival of turnaround in Aria Te Laria from A’Milia’s awakening. We start to see signs of people who until then were controlled by meme, are now starting to be released from such curse. The resulting conflict structure is not like the previous humanity where it was ‘humanity vs meme’, it is more of ‘nature vs meme’ kind of conflict structure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 7

Malchut that has became a big Lotus flower inside the Sky Ship Ruin, was hidden away by the residents of village hidden in the mist.
From the whispers heard within the flower petals, the flower is called ‘A’Milia’
They move to Dilia and hide the flower to Myutes Fall.

Around 600 years after that, from inside the Lotus a girl in white awaken.
That girl, A’Milia, met with the leader or Milian tribe, Sasha.
Together they begin a journey to find the Red Angel.

“I will no longer hesitant, I will save my friends”

Those eyes are without doubt and resonating a strong will.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary from Tomosuke
This chapter 7 is about A’Milia (Malchut) that has been awaken and her wish to save humanity (=friends). In real world people keep destroying nature, however in Zektbach it is ‘Nature greatly love humanity’

A’Milia breaks the curse of previous chapters’ main characters. This is practically close to the image of holding the hand and release the curse. The one saved by her power are 3 people, Shamsir, Nox and Matin. After released from their curse, Nox and Matin become one figure, and from the power gained from becoming a transcendental being, understand the entirety of the world. One person, Hannes is sort of like a being born from Ristaccia, therefore she can’t be saved….

The development is completely very fantasy, if the epic is turned into game, I absolutely planning to adopt this chapter. If they are going around each land around the world they might even able to fight with hidden boss stronger than the last boss (laugh)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matin Catorce on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aomarine.weebly.com
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Thank you!!! As always, your translation sounds excellent~

Wow, chapter 7, this is so exciting! I'm loving it already, I'm already learning a lot more about the Milians and A'milia, and her waking up after 600 years. And it finally makes sense why she is "The Sealer". And now it has left me curious as to what will happen next, great chapter!
Back to top Go down
http://sealer-of-wenkamui.tumblr.com/
lemishie

lemishie

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:57 am

So is Chapter 7, both The Gaiden & A'milia and the Milian Tribe?
Or is Gaiden is just one of those special chapters (like Hannes, where she has mult. parts)? It probably doesn't matter but kinda a question that tends to pop up in my head from time to time since The Gaiden chapter number was never specified if I remember correctly.

Anywho, wonderful translation~ <33333333
Oh man, this is making me eager to see A'milia and Sasha in action. ;w;

And moving a giant water lily (assuming this is as huge as a normal person) that glows from Izelnia Range all the way to Myutes Fall without being noticed? Damn, I wonder how they did that?
I wonder when A'milia woke up in the physical world? After the BJ civil war?

MY INNER FANGIRL IS SQUEALING.

Would the Milian Tribe and the Village in the Mist be consider part of Russia or Mongolia history? Since Sasha is a Russian name (the meaning of her name totally suit her role, btw) and the village is near the mountains. Plus the nomad part got me thinking of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemishie.weebly.com
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:42 am

Basically Gaiden is as it's name implied, 'side story'
So chapter 7 is truly for The Sealer and chapter 8 is memento mori.

As to when A'milia awaken, it should be before BJ drama CD? Seeing how she is in there with Sasha already.
The blogger at Liber (the usual blog) is making an intensive writing on the 'timeline' related to when and what Sasha and A'milia happens. In which from skimp reading quickly I do need to re listen the Hannes drama CD as apparently according to Kukulcan, Sasha is already in Hannes drama CD (I'm sorry Hannes, your drama CD is the only one out of all drama CDs that I only listened once..)

Triggered by Kukulcan, it's also amazing how I just notice that there is a song since ages ago called 'Village Hidden in the mist' in which when I first heard about it I was wondering which village does this song refer to.
Now we know! And from skimp reading apparently Zektbach has been dropping hints/flags all over place that's leading to Izelnia, Milian tribe and all~~ (for once Zektbach, it is not something out of change of mind! /get killed) <-- I think the only thing that tends to change a lot is the design as MAYA and Shio will only start designing when the time comes.

From MAYA comment (again skimp reading, sorry I'll read everything properly once  get time) Shio was the first one to design Sasha in memento mori, so MAYA design on Sasha has to be based on that as well?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the comments from other staff besides Zektbach and MAYA are basically just some form of praise or congratulations and give out no information adding to storyline I'll just put out the interesting facts from these 2 comments.

from Zektbach:
- calling himself Zektbach of the wandering tribes (does this mean the figure of the old man Zektbach himself is part of Milian tribe?) EDIT: forget about this part please, on more closer look, looks like this is just Tomosuke playful way in opening the commentary on all the pop'n or beatmania zektbach musics. On other music he will call himself Zektbach of xxx, which is different on every music commentary.
- 'with this chapter 7 finally the appearance of the main character'
(I kid you not, so this connected to Zektbach finally revealing himself as wandering tribe, with A'Milia as the true protagonist of the Epic <-- exact word written there!)
- 'What is her firm strong will? What is she doing in Aria Te Laria? The conclusion?'
- The Epic of Zektbach has finally started heading to its final stage

from MAYA:
- Sasha design was first thought up by Shio from memento mori
- collaboration with Shio brings out the discussion how MAYA strongly want to keep Malchut thick triangular eyebrow, she feels if this 'mark' is gone it would be hard to recognise her from before changing to her current one as one same person (lmao her only connection to Malchut version is the triangle thick eyebrows? Xd oh MAYA)
- the red hair ornament is hers to begin with, it is her very precious charm (if we can assume safely it is ristaccia piece then maybe as mishie speculate before the ristaccia piece shown in the beginning of ristaccia PV, the one in the middle within the plant, it is referring to this one?)

Last edited by Matin Catorce on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lemishie

lemishie

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Well... That's... sad.
Gijiri is pushed aside in the story. And his story is push aside in real life. D:
Is he not loved?????!!!!
I mean, come on, Shamshir has a Chapter 1 and it's one of the most boring (if not, the least one that barely cause any trigger to the story plot). No offense to Shamshir fans. Dx

Old Zektbach finally mentioning himself in the story???
And it must be, since there's no other old man in that chapter. xDDDDDD

Final Stage = Second Ristaccia War
I just all in it for blood and battle. :p

Well, more or less, I guess that make sense considering A'milia as the "true protagonist" of the story since L'erisia have been called out as the "main anatagonist" of the story.
No other "main characters" have made such move to rebel and stop the Ristaccia influence if you really think about it. They're kinda swept along in the movement. Plus (beside Lien but he's dead), you mention this before, Malchut/A'milia is the only one that ever had contact with L'erisia in person.
I still think the main characters we considered for the past years as the main characters since to be fair, they're all integral part of the Epic. Plus I do think they're not going to be any less important even with the declaration in the comment. I guess it's just Zektbach finally deciding to draw (or revealing) the line who in the story the audience shall be emphasize with and against. :q

LOLOLOL.
I lawled at that part too. But you hardly notice the thick eyebrow (I'm getting giggles thinking England from Hetalia = Malchut; England is surrounded with Celtic history too, coolio~) unless you stop a couple frames in the PVs.
-shrugs- I doubt a plant can wield a sword with its vines. (Though I'll be slightly amused if A'milia attempted to hold a sword. Spear/bow, yes. Sword? It's a really funny thought.)
OR WE CAN BE MORBID HERE..... And think that is the "remainders" of Kukaru formed into a stone? D:
But yea, I'm still in the crowd thinking it's a Ristaccia piece because really, we really need to know where the other pieces are and move along the story. \:
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 am

I think when it is said 'side story' it is meant an extra coverage for the background of Kagachi?
I meant Malchut aside (with all these chapters of her as Malchut is the prologue before she becomes A'Milia), other characters pretty much never got much intensive coverage on their 'past'

It does make sense with A'Milia as main character, I just surprised he actually openly nominate someone as actual main character being all this time everyone is like equally took part as 'main characters', uh I don't know what I'm trying to say here lol. I meant this being an Epic it is a record of things with no one as sole 'main character'.

I'm fine with second ristaccia war, just as long as Matin is fine and okay by the end of it ;3;

Hmm the ristaccia might not solely being used as weapon, Gadena race used it to evolve themselves to a higher intelligence life form after all.
If I want to be absurd maybe that piece of 'Ristaccia' A'Milia has is the remains of traces of 'Star Children' including the other 9 (hence why A'Milia loses her body marks and hair colour as Star Childern) and during her slumber inside the flower thing it is taken form back to being Ristaccia? <-- if we want to combine the theory that the ristaccia between the bushes = Turii and Star Children.
Back to top Go down
lemishie

lemishie

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 pm

That's truuuuuee.
Then again, Gijiri's drama starts at a very young age hence the the large focus about his past and the Kagachin. BJ twins, Hannes, Shamshir, and Malchut have their share of drama but it didn't start big time until they were well in their teens. And it was sort of no-question about their pasts really since there's nothing much to talk about which relates to the Ristaccia plot, unless you want to go to more emotional and character detail/development and that would have been filler-ish (which the Epic doesn't seem to have the luxury to do that much).
Gijiri should still be loved though, the poor bastard. ;w;

Well, classical epics like Gilgamesh or Odyssey have their main “main character” but yea. Epic of Zektbach really doesn't feel like it has a single main character (though single main antagonist is arguable with L'erisia and possible Joah's role in it) with all the characters involvement and what has happened.
Now that I've think about it, I'm surprised why it's named Epic of Zektbach when Zektbach (character) just barely appeared in this chapter and have done nothing other than discover A'milia and lead the original Milian village to her.

Could beeeeeeeeeeee.
But Turii was a special race outside of the original 8 races (the main reason debunking that theory threw out a few months ago about the original plant race = Turii).
Unless, it really doesn't matter? Actually. What species is the Gadena race?
I know they're supposed to be “giants” but then that feels like they're another race (even maybe one of the original races) when it's said there's only 2 races left (Humina and Rufina). They're not humina or any type of subspecies of humina (like yamajin, kagachin, transcendental beings???), are they?
Unless like Turii, other races have pop up and we just don't know it yet since it's not told nor clarified? D:
I dunno. Bothers me when there's theory theory “BUT blah blah” annnnnnnnd back to square one.
I'm sorry if it feels like I'm babbling all over the place. ><iiii

I'm also curious why her headpiece is the shape of a triangle though, all other Ristaccia pieces have been shaped as an oval. Does a triangle have any symbolic significance? The only thing I can think of is “trinity” or that it has 3 sides = prime number. And kinda like Malchut went into 3 cycles Turii!Malchut → Masinowa!Malchut → A'milia.
Other than that, there were triangular face marks on her previously and on her Masinowa skirt which have bunch of diamonds shapes (2 triangles). And of course, MAYA great insistence in keeping her big triangular eyebrows, lololol. Unless this is just one of MAYA's quirky taste for the character design?
Back to top Go down
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:26 pm

I'll always love you Gijiriiiii! Yeah, Gijiri's past has a huge influence on everything he has been doing in the story, makes sense that it would be told... and I always considered him important to the overall story, and I think he may possibly be the one to discover the truth behind the Ristaccia, because the answers he has been searching for about the origin of his people ultimately leads back to the ristaccia.....I just hope he's okay after all this time, I know he can't age, but can he still be killed?

So A'milia is officially the main character? Maybe that means from now on she is going to be the focus of the story as we head towards the end?? because I agree, so far I've thought of the Epic as having multiple main characters... haha, I wasn't expecting Zektbach himself to be a character, I always just thought it was called "The Epic of Zektbach" because it's Zektbach's story or something xD

Wait, I'm almost sure the Gadena are one of the 8 original races... as it says in the Ristaccia booklet (I think) "Once upon a time. There were eight races of demi-human lived on this planet.Huminas, Rufinas, Amourinas and Gadenas on the continent.Militianas and Culottianas on the islands.Mercurinas in the sea.Kuonas in the sky..." And also, as far as I know, any mention of the Gadena is before the end of the Ristaccia War.

Hmmm, it sure looks like a ristaccia piece, but yeah, it is a weird shape.. but it has that color, so I don't know what's up with that. Whatever it is, I wonder how and why she got it and why it's so important to her.
And really MAYA, the eyebrows? xD Never thought twice about them, but okaaaay~
Back to top Go down
lemishie

lemishie

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 am

Just hope he doesn't get killed like Lien. D;
He can't age, that's for sure. I think it's possible he can get killed though. By another Ristaccia wielder, or L'erisia herself. But you know, there's like only 7 other Ristaccia wielders in the world so that's why it's taking like forevvvveerr....
BUT SHHHHHHHH, DON'T HOPE FOR IT. I DON'T WANT ANY OF THE MAINS GET KILLED. ;W;
I WANT THEM TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER AT THE END AND MAYBE HOPE GIJIRI GET TOGETHER WITH A'MILIA /is shot. -fangirl mode turns on-
(Though the chances for him to die is pretty high if you think story-wise. -sobs-)

Oh wait, really? Damn, I don't have the Ristaccia booklet so yea. -shamefaced-
My bad, guyz~ >////<iiiii
Plus when Gadena was mentioned, I wasn't sure it was before or after the Ristaccia War. If it's before, then never miiiiiiinnnnd my silly question. xD;;;;;;;
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:38 am

Yes, Gadena is one of the 8 races. It is mentioned in wenkamui chapter that they used ristaccia and evolve to more intelligent lifeform, and went to massacare ppl of Kagachi bec they lust for another ristaccia piece own by Kagachins (Ame no Hoakari)
Oh sorry I forgot to mentioned too, the Millian tribe was called 'Amourina follower' (sorry I translated it to Amlina, katana is hard to translated to exact words ;3;)  in which they have a connection to the the original main 8 races?
Amour as said by Kukulcan, means love and also petite, so it could be the small hand grabbing ristaccia at the beginning of ristaccia pv? --> a fairy like race X3

I think it is the contrary guys? Gijiri having extra side story = he gets moreee love than other characters? Considering his main story as he matured is big enough impact already.
And not sure if he can be killed by ristaccia weapon, but he can't die from mortal wound either. In drama cd when someone and the miko tried to stab him, the wounds just healed. He even commented how he has becomes a 'mononoke'. Hence why I said it is so sad for him, he really can't have the option to rest/die.
(again not sure if ristaccia weapon can kill him though but normal mortal wounds can't hurt him)

If Matin doesn't end up happy or okay to I'll go fskdhskfkdkejajbs too!!!

Last edited by Matin Catorce on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth7

Elizabeth7

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Chapter seven is out?! Yay for chapter seven!!

Wait... Malchut is A'Milia? When did that happen? And where on earth is the manual to this stuff because now I'm lost...

And A'Milia is the main character, eh? So is seems everything is coming together... Maybe by "main character" real-life Zektbach means "Main character that connects everything". I mean, everyone's a main character, A'Milia might have that title because she could connect everyone's stories in some way in the future...

Actually I really should shut up because I have no clue what I'm talking about. I really need to try to find all the stuff that explains everything so that I know what on earth is going on...
Back to top Go down
L'erisia

L'erisia

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:33 pm

^^^You're not the only one Liz.... Shocked

But to be honest, I had no idea that the other races had other names so all this information is quite a shocker to me. But like LIz said, maybe what Zektbach means my "Main character" is all the stories coming together as one.
Back to top Go down
http://http://shiningdemonsdomain.tumblr.com/
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Hmm, I don't want Gijiri to die, but it's true, it's also sad to keep on living forever... so... Hmmm... I just hope he doesn't die in some horrible way >_<
Oh, that's what happened at that part in the drama? *Goes back and listens* Oh.. wow, that makes so much more sense now, how did I miss that? Especially with Kunue's very clear voice! xD Thanks for clarifying!!!

Amourina follower? Well now that's interesting! Though I wonder what sort of connection the Milians have to them..

After Malchut meets L'erisia in the ruins of the sky-ship, (Chapter 6- Raison D'etre) she is defeated there and sleeps for 600 years, I know it says that in something in the Masinowa booklet called "Crossing fates- Malchut and L'erisia" can't remember if it's mentioned somewhere else. And in the Masiniowa drama, L'erisia says something like "Let's meet in the ruins of the sky ship" The drama only goes up to the giant tree destroying Masinowa though. But I guess during that time when she's asleep, her appearance changed, and now we have chapter 7 where she becomes known as A'milia, and wakes up. I know A'milia and Sasha also appear in the Blind Justice drama.... (whiiich I should go finish now)

Back to top Go down
Spugna

Spugna

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 am

Elizabeth7 wrote:
Chapter seven is out?! Yay for chapter seven!!

Wait... Malchut is A'Milia? When did that happen? And where on earth is the manual to this stuff because now I'm lost...

And A'Milia is the main character, eh? So is seems everything is coming together... Maybe by "main character" real-life Zektbach means "Main character that connects everything". I mean, everyone's a main character, A'Milia might have that title because she could connect everyone's stories in some way in the future...

Actually I really should shut up because I have no clue what I'm talking about. I really need to try to find all the stuff that explains everything so that I know what on earth is going on...

Haha I feel the same way as well. I'm just building context out of the discussion on this thread.

Too bad I don't know Japanese so I can't listen to the drama CDs XD
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:21 am

Unfortunately with Zektbach, you need to slowly taking in everything really.
I don't have the best memory and I admit I tend to skip over some details in the past when it doesn't interest me much. These skipped details can later comes back to bite you sadly.

Malchut, or anything past Turii Panta Rhei is a bit confusing since the neatly ordered chapters was only done (for the english speaker anyway) up until certain chapters and after that the bemani forums started to die down until it finally vanished. We relied on one sole kind person to translate the whole things that time.

If my memory served me right, earlier fans (lurker and resident of the old bemani forum anyway) know about Malchut = A'Milia since DJSFR (seriously I forgot this person exact username) gave a spoiler on BJ drama CD which basically stating Malchut invade both Matin and Nox consciousness and help them break free from Ristaccia influence. In which if you hear the drama CD and there is no mention of Malchut but the name A'Milia.
(I guess DJSFR must have conclude this from A'Milia bio in BJ drama cd booklet)

So old time fans basically already knows the basic that A'Milia = Malchut thanks to DJSFR.
But at that time why she is called A'Milia and all no one knows yet let alone the big transformation of her appearance.

I too planning to re read everything as the more we are going to this 'final arc' the more these little details and other details will start to merge and connect with each other.
Back to top Go down
banams

banams

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm fairly certain Malchut had died, and been reborn as A'milia.

Think about it, Malchut is a part of the People of the Stars, it's her entire identity and purpose to maintain balance amongst the world. However, this fact was really her weakness and her fault that led to her downfall against L'erisia and the chaos.*

She in fact goes through an almost transcendental discovery through a sort of reincarnation/metamorphosis.

Her old self was uncertain (no gender, no emotion, being dragged into new surroundings, etc.) and unclear of what or how to actually play her role, or even what is was truly meant to be for that matter. When she is reborn as A'milia, she is certain of her duties to restore balance, she is a totally different person who actually knows who she is now.

She was kept in a water lily in a desolate/deserted place (which I have no doubt is most likely the remains of Masinowa) until she reappeared hundreds of years later as A'milia. The lily would act as both a tomb and as a symbol of her enlightenment.

Quote :
Water lilies are an important religious symbol in the Hindu and Buddhist traditions. They symbolize resurrection in both spiritual arenas because many of the lilies close their flowers at night and reopen in the morning at first sunlight. Buddhists regard the water lily as a symbol of enlightenment because of the beautiful bloom that emerges from the mud. They also consider the water lily a symbol of purity, spontaneous generation and divine birth.

It also helps to note that the lily A'milia is born from is white, which is considered another symbol of purity and resurrection. Lily seeds may also last hundreds to thousands of years.

The desolate place around her as she is found in the lily also holds a meaning to her rejuvenation.

Quote :
Both visually and symbolically, the desert is free of confusion; there is no doubt. Because they are wide, open vistas without covering vegetation, they represent brutal honesty, impersonal struggle and the harsh realities of survival. There are no distractions, giving deserts an association with clarity, revelation and purity. Because it is such a difficult, threatening terrain type, it represents barriers, obstacles and challenges. There are strong overtones of spirituality and religion bound up symbolically with desert landscapes. These areas are brutal, but they call upon the deepest reserves of a traveller’s will. It is so far outside of normal existence that only the spiritual and divine can touch and influence it.

Just as A'milia had awoken with eyes determined or strong-willed (awakening being another symbol of revelation).

As she is asleep in the lily, Malchut is overcoming the struggle between not only death and life, but also the idea of who she is (which was more prevalent in Raison d'etre as she was visibly shown to have her identity practically ripped away from her with emotion making her doubt herself).

And if she doesn't die and be reborn, then she at least goes through some sort of (spiritual and physical) metamorphosis, like a butterfly.

Quote :
This unwavering acceptance of her metamorphosis is also symbolic of faith. Here the butterfly beckons us to keep our faith as we undergo transitions in our lives. She understands that our toiling, fretting and anger are useless against the turning tides of nature – she asks us to recognize the same. Interestingly, in many cultures the butterfly is associated with the soul – further linking our animal symbolism of faith with the butterfly.

Now who else had a song that mentioned a certain guide butterfly hmm? Someone that we seem to always want to connect to Joah and L'erisia... hmmmmmmm

---

*So who else struggles with who they are or what is their purpose? Who else has a major fault in their character that will ultimately be their downfall? Who else must go through trials again and again and represent good as they battle against evil/chaos?

The classic tragic hero of an epic.

Malchut is the main character because she is the only one who has gone through enough change as an epic hero to battle, and quite likely prevail, the ultimate evil of the story.

---

Thanks for the translation. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:10 am

What you have wrote make sense and very interesting. Thank you for sharing.
Though instead of dying, Malchut just undergo a big transformation inside the Lilly.
Since she was mortally perfectly fine before going to slumber in the drama cd. Mentally she was exhausted for sure, much after losing Kukaru she even stopped speaking.
(literally too as really besides the triangular eyebrows her physical form changed a LOT lol)

It's still weird how the Lilly ended there, far away from Masinowa.
Back to top Go down
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 am

Hmm, Malchut becoming A'milia sort of reminds me of Minawa being "reincarnated" as Ido. Except over 600 years xD So maybe it's a "rebirth" sort of like that?
And wow, interesting indeed! The symbol of the lily really does makes a lot of sense. And after all that time asleep, she has finally found her raison d'etre~

Waaait, I was almost sure Malchut went to the Ristaccia Ruins after Masinowa's destruction, and that's where she slept? I mean her last words in the drama are something like "L'erisia...that time, at the sky ship..." And L'erisia said to meet her there. And the Ristaccia Ruins are the ruins of the Sky ship of course... and the lily is found really close to the ruins....
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 am

Okay, so Malchut wasn't going inslumber right there inside the giant tree she 'summoned' and destroyed Turii? I was under the impression she went to slumber in that tree right there at the end of Masinowa drama cd. Hence why I don't get it when exactly she fights L'erisia since all the speech indicate they will meet again in the future.

Okay make sense then, though weird that Gijiri just let Malchut get away and go all the way to Ristaccia ruin after destroying Masinowa lol.
So, after went berserk at the end of masinowa, she fights L'erisia at ristaccia ruin, defeated and goes to slumber right? Meaning we are missing a detailed coverage on how she goes to the ruins and how she goes to slumber inside the Lilly as we only get one line saying she fights l'erisia and defeated.
Back to top Go down
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 am

I don't know, I just was figuring she didn't sleep then because I thought she met with L'erisia sometime before her sleep... and that what she was saying was something like her thinking back on the past??

Haha, I don't know what Gijiri is thinking.. Well, he sure is awfully calm when the tree destroys Masinowa! xD
Yeah, no idea how she got there... all I've been going by is this (older, probably not very good translation >_< oh wow, look at all that broken english! xD)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 am

Based on that old translation I can only think 2 possibilities.
1. After destruction of Masinowa Malchut goes to ruins and defeated by L'erisia and goes to deep slumber after.

Or

2. The 'fight' or 'defeated by L'erisia power' is taken as in Malchut is mentally defeated by L'erisia as shown in the drama cd, and by 'ruins' it is meant that she mentally not physically visited the ruins just as L'erisia frequently disturb her consciousness in the drama and even shows snippet of the future.

The flaw in the first would be, how could Gijiri let Malchut get away after destroying Masinowa. Not to mention how afraid he is at her existence.
The flaw in the second one will be explaining the location of Lilly that's so far away from Masinowa.

As for her dialogue at the end if drama.
She said something about meeting L'erisia in the future. Yes she says 'that time' but before that she says something alongside 'IF I can't .... L'erisia ..At that time... At the sky ship'
This connect to what l'erisia said before along the line 'if you want to render these into nothingness, let's meet at skyship'

EDIT: if you don't mind, I will try to re translate that Raison D'etre part again later?
Back to top Go down
banams

banams

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:42 pm

That second possibility makes me think that maybe L'erisia isn't even physically real?

Perhaps she represents chaos, but as true as it is in everyone and is reliant within their minds.

Malchut didn't really see her until she lost control of herself and allowed chaos to overcome her (L'erisia defeating her? She seemed to be even battling herself in the Raison d'etre PV, which might mean she was really battling L'erisia in her mind).

The only other real moments I remember L'erisia mentioned is during Hannes' dream of the old man and evolution, which only makes me think of how this only adds to how she is only prevalent in the mind.

Speaking of which, she also tends to surround herself with the sky or in general is associated with it. The sky is a symbol (especially in dreams) of the future or even wonder of those who look up to it. It's not surprising that the skyship, which is permanently stuck on land, is a destined spot for the two to meet. L'erisia practically forebodes it.

Also, if the Ristaccia pieces are her work, then it's also well enough to think she only exists in our minds, considering the users mostly go crazy and chaotic when they use it.

Another reason why A'milia is the main character: She would be the only one able to counter and defeat this incredible evil since she can also enter other the minds of others and even become aware of what's happening in her own (her role in the Blind Justice CD is proof enough lol).

So maybe the battle with L'erisia happened just after she started to have emotions, right after Giziri had killed Kukaru? Sorry, I just haven't heard the Drama CD so I can't be sure yet haha.
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Okay, i reread and skimp translate the raison d'etre paragrah given by Ido in the previous post. I think it is most likely the first possibility as it has more backing.

After destruction of Masinowa, though not explained yet or will, Malchut face L'erisia and goes to slumber afterwards. When it says 'fight' it is not indicated how or what, but most likely battle of 'will' not physically.
Bec based on the raison d'etre paragrah, malchut is distressed from the power of destruction ahe unleashed which means after drama cd happens.

Why Gijiri let her get away, I guess it can easily explained with many things.
He is a 'lost' man himself, after the death of Kukaru after persistenly tried to kill Malchut in order to save Kukaru. He could be letting Malchut go away in honour of Kukaru and try to pursue 'other ways' to his not yet ending pursue of the truth. And went to different path from Malchut.
Well his talk to Malchut a the end of drama seems to be indicating some sort of remorse or so.

Again this is just my thought lol
Back to top Go down
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 am

Oh, Matin, feel free to retranslate whatever you want, especially an old translation like that Raison D'etre one~

Ah, so it is referring to after Masinowa's destruction!

I've always just assumed it was the first possibility based on that and the drama, and now the location of the lily, I never before even considered anything else... Now that I relisten to the end of the drama, I do hear the "If I can't part" now (wow, really, I need to relisten to everything, Wenkamui is the only part I've listened to recently xD I personally find understanding the dramas so much harderrrr than written stuff!) I see how the other possibility is possible, but I'm still thinking the first one as well. And what you say about Gijiri seems to make sense.

Hmm, well L'erisia certainly doesn't seem to be a physical being , I'm really starting to think memeplex now...more like data than an actual person. She is the "embodiment of the Ristaccia's power" after all...
which makes sense why she can enter the minds of those with it's pieces. Can't decide if I think her and Malchut had an actual battle or if it was in the mind, now I'm seeing how mental does make sense...

Back to top Go down
lemishie

lemishie

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:49 pm

About the spaceship meeting and all.
It's possible it's one of Zektbach rare moments of straying away from written material and sound track material, which isn't the first time really.
For ex., vaguely remembering that AoMarine mentioned in our email discussion (wasn't it the first message? lol) that chapter translation about Nox knew his sister being the Empress and was all proud and stuff but in the drama CD, he didn't knew her identity until he went into town and immediately hated the fact they were blood-related (because they were in the middle of the civil war during that time).
Though I agree that the battle is most likely mental/spiritual, seeing that L'erisia lacks any actual physical body.

I was totally wondering for eternity about that water lily part too.
But it could be that since Turii is part of Aria Te' Lari soil and all, A'milia can be popin' anytime and anywhere she wants.
STILL FOREVER A MYSTERY HOW THE MILIANS MOVE THAT GIANT LILY INCONSPICIOUSLY TO THE FALL TOO......

And nice input, banam. There were some theories online that Malchut = dead and A'milia is an entirely different person reborn from her and combo of the other star children spirits.
Although, my inner fangirl defense mechanism for my babeh Malchut refuse to believe such a thing. ;w;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe   Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7 - A'Milia and the Milian tribe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next