The Epic of Zektbach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For ALL of the English Speakers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 8 and Epilogue

Go down 
+4
Nox Catorce
Sigma
Ido
Matin Catorce
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

Chapter 8 and Epilogue Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:58 am

This is the short of chapter 8 and commentary about the epilogue from Zektbach Guidebook.
As I am not even close of having the most fluent or great knowledge in Japanese (and also English I guess lol), please forgive the inaccuracy or awkwardness in my attempted translation. Any corrections are more than welcome.
Note: original japanese text will be hidden in spoiler tag.

All the main characters that have been set free from L’erisia in chapter 7, together with humanity loving ‘nature’ the story comes together as one. All the parts that have been scattered is now fit in each place like a jigsaw puzzle, and the incoming future. What kind of scenery could it be?

CHAPTER 8
The main characters that have released from their curse face against one man.
A man who has been staying immortal well over 600 years.
With a nostalgic like expression, A’milia looks at the face of the person who once tried to kill her as ominous being.

The man understands everything and manipulated the whole world.
To know all truth, to earn its rightful place and break free from unescapable curse, in his heart it is all for her to smile gently to him. On A’milia’s hand, the man loses his immortality and aged in blink of eyes. However his face is just so peaceful.

The party heads to the sky ship ruin.
As they advance into the ruins inner that has become a complex structure, the various truths of the world become clear. In the deepest part, there lies the figure of the red angel.

Tomosuke commentary on chapter 8

Even though Gijiri is a person who pursuit the truth, he is unable to reach the answer on what L’erisia is. He was unable to become a transcendental being like Lien or NoxMatin. He yearns for death and met his peaceful end on A’milia’s hand. After that is the showdown with L’erisia. RPG wise, it is like forming a party centered on A’milia, Shamsir, and Nox & Matin that has became one, and charge into the last dungeon called ‘Sky ship ruin’.

At the end L’erisia is completely annihilated, however in counterbalance A’milia is also annihilated. Like offsetting each other the two disappear and at the same time various images of scenery scattered like flash on the surroundings.
If the impact of the two notions given until now is gone, what will become of the remaining humanity? Is getting rid of ‘meme’ the right thing? I am sure there are lots of thing you are wondering about, but please find that answer within yourself.

Spoiler:

Tomosuke commentary on epilogue
And so The Epic of Zektbach has come to the end. If to add the image of the last scene, girls like Matin, Shamsir and Hannes appear and wearing contemporary clothes, and suddenly I notice something…
The story doesn’t come to an end. The image and sad memories shared by the girls that resemblance Matin and others. And so they take action―(?)
And I leave the rest to everyone’s imagination!

Spoiler:

NOTE: I don't know why it is marked as chapter 8 when Memento Mori PV is clearly labeled as chapter 8 as well. Also the comment on the epilogue, Zektbach Gakuen time guys? LOL (also I take that after thing comes to end or if things are being reset/reborn, Matin and Nox are reborn/reset back as 2 individuals, NO MORE TWIN FUSION thank you >| )
Back to top Go down
http://aomarine.weebly.com
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:07 pm

AHHHHH THANK YOUU SO MUCH FOR THESE!!!!

On one hand the fact that Gijiri was finally able to die in peace brought a smile to my face...
But Tomosuke's commentary, that he never discovered the truth behind L'erisia?! That was all I wanted, but that he was never able to? He left Jakotsu centuries ago with Minawa in pursuit of that truth, and to think that he never found it?! That's pretty much what he spent his entire life trying to discover, it's too sad... ;_;

Quote :
The party heads to the sky ship ruin.
As they advance into the ruins inner that has become a complex structure, the various truths of the world become clear. In the deepest part, there lies the figure of the red angel.
This better have a PV or at least an illustration, or maybe that RPG, that sounds ridiculously epic.

Hmm, L'erisia and A'milia both being annihilated at the same time, it seems to make sense somehow...
But getting rid of meme? Well sure, there are conflicts it would end, and some good points to it, but memes are how culture and ideas evolve! It's hard to imagine such a world without it. And it might be... rather dull I suppose?

..It's really over...? ;_; This seems too soon, there better be lots more stuff!!
Ahh that last image though... wow, this is all so exciting!

Back to top Go down
http://sealer-of-wenkamui.tumblr.com/
Sigma
Admin
Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:13 pm

I do hope it gets expanded into something longer...and Gijiri's end is really sad but at least peaceful?

Right now though I have a mixed feelings about the ending, I actually like the idea that A'milia and L'erisia disappear at the same moment, it kind of makes sense. But I just wanted more to it....I guess. Like Hannes and Sigma aren't even mentioned (I'm assuming Hannes is fighting for L'erisia?) and Sigma was trying to find out about L'erisia as well where did her story go? How did Matin Nox hybrid combine thats all very vauge, and how was Shamshir freed? She's been MIA since the zeta chapter...
We got more answers but I'm still very confused.
Back to top Go down
http://zektbach.tumblr.com
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 pm

I think this is Zektbach style of laying down the dot points of the story first then elaborate and expand the stuff in between later. It is similar to 'Five Star Stories' where they laid out the story from beginning to end and then the readers read the manga leisurely.

The only difference is 'Five Star Stories' laid things out in details and stick to it (from what I heard from friend anyway, I was only reading a few first books at friend's place)
Zektbach often deviate or change things up from what he originally dished out in first place.
He did put out Ristaccia PV saying it is the story in 'summary', yet things change a lot. To be fair I think it mostly only happen to materials that was released before the creation of Turii Panta Rhei, in which Ristaccia PV and Blind Justice are the one to suffer inconsistency the most.

Guidebook release seems like an excuse or opportunity for Tomosuke to laid out all the stories till end.
In NICO live broadcast back then he did say the guidebook is not the end of Zektbach. Basically he may have laid out the story in dot points until the end, but I take it he plan to still release Zektbach stuff in whichever form to expand/tell the whole stories better like more PVs, songs, written chapters or like how the tradition has been so far, drama CDs.

Look at Masinowa, he laid out the characters and some stuff in the timeline.
When ristaccia album first out, we got Gijiri's image few lines about him and that's like about it we know about this guy back then, though I dont remember if Gijiri already in Popn' music by then, lol but anyway he didn't get much exposure yet that time. Then comes Kagachi PV and Masinowa drama CD.

So yeah, it is not end as in good bye no more Zektbach release at all.
We got to know the end, but we still need to know the details.

Back to top Go down
Nox Catorce

Nox Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Hey people,
Is there any new details about this chapter or the epilogue?
Back to top Go down
nadyXD

nadyXD

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:57 pm

not yet. maybe we'll get to see some stuff in MAYA's artbook Miika that is coming out next week, but I think Miika will only have things like artworks and character designs, like Puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Jezza

Jezza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:16 am

nadyXD wrote:
not yet. maybe we'll get to see some stuff in MAYA's artbook Miika that is coming out next week, but I think Miika will only have things like artworks and character designs, like Puzzle.

Can we find any pic of the artbook yet ?
Back to top Go down
nadyXD

nadyXD

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:33 pm

there are a few pictures on tumblr, but there are no full scans yet. But you can see pictures of the Miika Event here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/honya_akiba/archives/40036618.html

you just have to click at the pics to see them at full size.
Back to top Go down
Shamshir Zamouk

Shamshir Zamouk

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 1:33 am

nadyXD wrote:
there are a few pictures on tumblr, but there are no full scans yet. But you can see pictures of the Miika Event here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/honya_akiba/archives/40036618.html

WOW the colors on those character shots! So vivid. I really want those...
Back to top Go down
Jezza

Jezza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:30 am

nadyXD wrote:

cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Shamshir Zamouk wrote:
WOW the colors on those character shots!  So vivid.  I really want those...

This will make the two of us
Back to top Go down
Nox Catorce

Nox Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 am

People, i liked the artbook too, but i think we are deviating from the purpose of this topic. Could someone create an apropriated topic for us to continue the subject? God, i'm being as boring as Nox Neutral
Back to top Go down
Matin Catorce

Matin Catorce

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:52 pm

In comparison to PUZZLE artbook in 2008, there is barely any notes and new information for Zektbach characters or story in MIIKA.
Concept artworks for the Zektbach characters in MIIKA are just sketches with one or two side note unlike the one in PUZZLE, or just the proper images of the character from previously released Zektbach artworks. Only 3 new zektbach artworks (as in not doodle or sketch) in MIIKA.

In term of the Epilogue there is no new information and the only info we got so far is the one we already covered from Guidebook.
Back to top Go down
lemishie

lemishie

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 am

I post up on tumblr for those who are curious about the new illustrations and sketches here.

Ngh, and now to wait another year or so for any more updates. -rolls-
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemishie.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 and Epilogue   Chapter 8 and Epilogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 and Epilogue
Page 1 of 1