The Epic of Zektbach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For ALL of the English Speakers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meme - new song

Go down 
+5
nadyXD
L'erisia
lemishie
Ido
Matin Catorce
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ido

Ido

Meme - new song - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meme - new song   Meme - new song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:04 am

Haha, new zektbach updates are the best! I hope there is some more info released about meme...I've grown really fond of the song
Also, today I checked out a book about memetics from the library! It's such an important underlying concept in zektbach, and it's really interesting~ so I thought I'd look into it more
Back to top Go down
http://sealer-of-wenkamui.tumblr.com/
Sigma
Admin
Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Meme - new song   Meme - new song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Oh gosh this is very awesome (maybe we will get more Sigma action soon!!).

I've know the etymology of the word meme for a while but I never thought to apply it to Zektbach (even though it really makes since considering Sigma a 'memeplex' and the evolution being a theme in Zektbach and memes themselves evolve!).

Just quoting from a etymology website.

Quote :
meme (n.)
1976, introduced by evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in "The Selfish Gene," coined by him from Greek sources, e.g. mimeisthai "to imitate" (see mime), and intended to echo gene.

We need a name for the new replicator, a noun that conveys the idea of a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation. 'Mimeme' comes from a suitable Greek root, but I want a monosyllable that sounds a bit like 'gene'. I hope my classicist friends will forgive me if I abbreviate mimeme to meme. If it is any consolation, it could alternatively be thought of as being related to 'memory', or to the French word même. It should be pronounced to rhyme with 'cream'. [Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene," 1976]
Back to top Go down
http://zektbach.tumblr.com
L'erisia

L'erisia

PostSubject: Re: Meme - new song   Meme - new song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 am

Sigma wrote:
Oh gosh this is very awesome (maybe we will get more Sigma action soon!!).

I've know the etymology of the word meme for a while but I never thought to apply it to Zektbach (even though it really makes since considering Sigma a 'memeplex' and the evolution being a theme in Zektbach and memes themselves evolve!).

Just quoting from a etymology website.

Quote :
meme (n.)
1976, introduced by evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in "The Selfish Gene," coined by him from Greek sources, e.g. mimeisthai "to imitate" (see mime), and intended to echo gene.

We need a name for the new replicator, a noun that conveys the idea of a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation. 'Mimeme' comes from a suitable Greek root, but I want a monosyllable that sounds a bit like 'gene'. I hope my classicist friends will forgive me if I abbreviate mimeme to meme. If it is any consolation, it could alternatively be thought of as being related to 'memory', or to the French word même. It should be pronounced to rhyme with 'cream'. [Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene," 1976]

Oh my goodness, this makes so much sense! Considering that I think I read somewhere in the old Benami Forums that Zetkbach has some background in Biology. While The Epic of Zektbach's theme is quite debatable, I think a good one could be a classic Technology vs. Nature. And since Meme has to do with evolving, maybe the 'world' is evolving into that so called technology due to L'erisia being accociated with technology and even more so with the Ristaccia.

Excuse my babbling. |D
Back to top Go down
http://http://shiningdemonsdomain.tumblr.com/
Ido

Ido

PostSubject: Re: Meme - new song   Meme - new song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:10 am

Haha, reading this book (The Meme Machine by Susan Blackmore, with a forward by Richard Dawkins, really interesting stuff! The whole idea of memes as a second replicator~) has caused me to notice memes all over the place

L'erisia..the ristaccia.. certainly it has caused evolution... and L'erisia is the "embodiment of the ristaccia" and I wonder, is it both memetic as well as biological evolution? I'm thinking so.. particularly one of the memo-type things by Timothy Bygott is bothering me, the beginning says something like
"Over a long time, believe this angel’s whispers, in faith, in ideals, in country, in tradition, strife like a puppet without looking back, search for one’s self; advance, the pitiful people who reigned as that star’s king. "
Faith, ideals, country, tradition... these are memeplexes... and the only "angel" I know of is of course L'erisia... though this is still so confusing! Actually, both of the Timothy memos make reference to memes, I think I posted them somewhere else, I might go and check my translations as its been a while
Also that one after Shamshir's story by Augustine, where he talks about morality is talking about memes as well.

And memes are all over the place in Zektbach, but my favorite example is with the Yamajijin and Kagachijin... starting with Ame no Uzume's teachings of sin and impurity that quickly spread to her people the Yamajijin, and from these and thanks to that evil lady Hare no Itoyo, we get the structure of society where the Kagachijin are controlled by the Yamajijin, which only strengthens over time...

Wait I never posted that here, not sure where to... uh, is here fine then?? Or should I move it elsewhere?
It was a difficult one for me, so its probably not the best >_<
Spoiler:

Okay, ramble on memetics done now
Back to top Go down
http://sealer-of-wenkamui.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meme - new song   Meme - new song - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meme - new song
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum